If you want to be a part of a vital service at the heart of your local community and you’d like to develop your skills, please consider volunteering for CAB.
You don't need any particular qualifications or experience to train as an advisor. You need to be:
- Good at listening
- Able to work in a team;
- Able to read and write English and do basic arithmetic
- Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Enjoy helping people
- Able to commit to at least two 4 hour sessions per week
We will train you and offer support during and after training.
These staff provide the initial10 min interview to diagnose the problem and assess the best option for the client.
Requirements as for adviser role, but this task involves less training.
- 2 sessions of 4 hours per week minimum.
Skills and requirements as above, plus telephone skills.
Skills and requirements:
- Able to talk easily and efficiently with the public
- Be polite and have an approachable manner
- Be able to handle difficult clients- be firm when necessary
- Be organised and capable of multi-tasking
- Be calm and unflappable
- Have good written English (essential for case recording, searching database etc)
- Good spoken English
- Have basic IT skills
- For reception only –1 x 4 hour session per week, but we would prefer more.
Please contact Daniel on 0191 270 4490 or email email@example.com
If you have experience or skills that could contribute to the strategic management of CAB, please contact us to discuss further.